The Fifth ArgDiaP Conference
“Argument and Computation”
Warsaw, ul. Koszykowa 86, room 337
Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology
The special guest of the meeting will be Prof. Chris Reed. He currently heads the Center for Argument Technology at the University of Dundee, UK, which has been instrumental in the development of the international standard Argument Interchange Format, and which hosts the editorial office of Routledge’s Journal of Argument and Computation, for which Chris Reed serves as editor-in-chief. Their freely downloadable software such as Araucaria (a tool for performing argument analysis) has over 10,000 users, and they have the largest freely accessible corpus of analyzed argumentation anywhere in the world in ArgDB.
Chris Reed, School of Computing, University of Dundee, UK
Katarzyna Budzyńska, Institute of Philosophy, Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University in Warsaw
Magdalena Kacprzak, Faculty of Computer Science, Bialystok University of Technology
Paweł Rembelski, Faculty of Computer Science, Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology
Marcin Selinger, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Wrocław
Simon Wells, School of Computing, University of Dundee, UK
10.45 – 11.00 Katarzyna Budzynska. Welcome.
Chairman: Kamila Dębowska
11.00 – 11.45 Chris Reed. Time for a good argument: Representational adequacy and the World Wide Argument Web.
12.00 – 12.45 Marcin Selinger. A relational approach to arguments.
12.45 – 14.15 lunch
Chairman: Marcin Koszowy
14.15 – 15.00 Chris Reed. Argument Analysis: Tools and Experiences.
15.15 – 16.00 Katarzyna Budzynska, Chris Reed. Dialogue, Argumentation and Illocutionary Force.
16.15 – 17.00 Katarzyna Budzynska, Magdalena Kacprzak, Pawel Rembelski. Logic, Model-Checking and Persuasion Dialogue.
Organizing and Programme Committee
- Magdalena Kacprzak (Bialystok University of Technology, Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology), contact: kacprzak (at) pjwstk.edu.pl
- Paweł Rembelski (Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology)
- Katarzyna Budzyńska (Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University in Warsaw)
- Michał Karnicki (Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology)
- Joanna Skulska (Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University in Warsaw)
- Maria Załęska (Warsaw University)