Theory and Practice of Argument” (the Polish edition)
At this ArgDiaP, we introduce two new forms of discussion: a student session and a panel session. The student session initiates the new direction of ArgDiaP activities aiming at close interaction with young researchers interested in the topic of applied rhetoric. For the panel session, we invited Polish experts in the area of argumentation.
- Katarzyna Budzyńska, Dept. of Logic, CSWU
- Magdalena Kacprzak, Faculty of ComputerScience, TechnicalUniversity of Bialystok and PJIIT in Warsaw
- Marcin Koszowy, Dept. of Logic Informatics and Pfilosophy of Science, University of Bialystok
- Piotr Łukowski, Dept. of Cognitive Science, Inst. of Psychology, University of Lodz
- Witold Marciszewski, Dept. of Social Sciences Methodology, Stanislaw Staszic College of Public Administration (virtual participation)
- Paula Quinon, Filosofiska Institutionen, Lund Universitet, Sweden
- Marcin Selinger, Dept. of Logic and Methodology of Sciences, University of Wrocław
- Krzysztof Szymanek, Dept. of Logic and Metodology, University of Silesia
- Krzysztof Wieczorek, Dept. of Logic and Metodology, University of Silesia
- Maria Załęska, Faculty of Modern Languages University of Warsaw
10.00 – 10.30 Registration, Coffee and Introductions.
Chair: Marek Porwolik CSWU
11.10 – 11.50 Paula Quinon (LU) Logical competence and non-monotonic consequence relation
11.50 – 12.30 Krzysztof Wieczorek (US) Evaluating and Rebutting of Slippery Slope Arguments
12.30 – 14.00 lunch
14.00 – 14.25 Ewa Wasilewska-Kamińska (UW) Critical Thinking as an educational idea in the US and Canada
14.25 – 14.50 Piotr Gąsowski (UoWM) Critical Discourse Analysis of a Rhetorical Speech
14.50 – 15.15 Olena Yaskorska (CSWU) Modern game-theoretic models of dialogue
15.15 – 15.40 Joanna Skulska (CSWU) Hierarchy of Schemes for Rhetoric Arguments
15.40 – 16.00 coffee
Panel Session. Chair: Paula Quinon
16.00 – 17.00 “Polish Argumentation School: Challenges and Perspectives”
- Katarzyna Budzyńska (CSWU) What argumentation studies lack?
- Magdalena Kacprzak (TUoB and PJIIT) Whether and how Artificial Intelligence can support fight on words?
- Marcin Koszowy (UoB) Argumentation studies based on the tradition of lvov-warsaw school
- Witold Marciszewski (SCPA) When does a research group become a reseach school? Virtual voice in the discussion (in Polish) via a blog “Polemiki i Rozmówki”: link
- Marcin Selinger, (UWr) On the need of the strict formulation of the argumentation theory: should we formalize informal logic?
- Krzysztof Szymanek (UoS) Who is an expert on argumentation?
- Krzysztof Wieczorek (UoS) Who needs to know the art of argumentation?
- Maria Załęska (UoW) Textualisation of arguments
- Katarzyna Budzyńska (CSWU)
- Magdalena Kacprzak (TUoB, PJIIT)
- Marcin Koszowy (UoB)
- Chris Reed (UoD)
- Joanna Skulska (CSWU, MAT)
- Olena Yaskorska (CSWU)
Admission is free, however, for organizational purposes please register your intention to attend by sending an email to Dr. Katarzyna Budzyńska: k.budzynska (at) uksw.edu.pl